Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Use an Effective Sales Process to Increase Profits - Smart Business Thinking


 Use an Effective Sales Process to Increase Profits

A limo service was offering a special for trips from near-in DC suburbs to Dulles airport. I called to make a reservation.

The reservationist was cheerful, polite, and repeated my essential data to ensure she had everything, then wished me a pleasant trip and hung up. Now there is a sales process problem.

What happens on my return? Do they not pick up? What happened to the sales process that gives me the opportunity (or encourages me) to utilize the service on the return flight?

On the trip to the airport, I asked the driver “Do you meet customers upon their return.”

“We sure do. Here’s my card. Give us a call and we’ll be there when you arrive.”

What is the impact on profits since many fares are lost by not asking about the return flight?

A simple modification will increase profits in the business operation.

Increased profits are there if management takes the time to test the system to track such a key component of increased income?

Bottom Line?
As an advisor to, and working with  the CEO, I'd restructure the sales process to provide every opportunity to increase revenue through add-on sales through restructured tools and on site training.

Jim is an expert business coach and a respected advisor to management and financial executives. He draws on his long-term business leadership background to help CEOs grow revenue, increase profits, improve performance.   

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of people only think of sales scropts for phone, but this case shows they not only need to pay attention to phone scripts but to service personnel, too.

    ReplyDelete