Friday, January 18, 2013

What Do You Do When You Hit a Bump in the Road? - Smart Business Thinking


 What Do You Do When You Hit a Bump in the Road? -  Smart Business Thinking


During a luncheon talk, I was presenting a concept that I found from my experience a powerful cornerstone of success  “We Become What We Think About Every Day". At the Q&A, a participant asked “What do you do when you hit a bump in the road?”

A strategic plan is based on a clearly-defined end objective - Vision. In my experience, the one element that is etched in stone is the vision. There have been times when I set a vision and during the journey uncovered a milestone I had overlooked.  

When I had a vision to be VP Treasurer I had identified a specific job as a milestone to my objective. Arriving at that point in time, I hit a bump in the road - the job had been eliminated. But the vision was still intact so I movedI on to the next milestone.  

Bottom Line?
The key is to establish a crystal clear vision. Secondly, set up a system that keeps you focused daily on the outcome. When running into an unexpected hiccup a bump in the road will be only that – a bump in the road.

Jim is an expert business coach and a respected advisor to management and financial executives. He draws on his long-term business leadership background to help CEOs grow revenue, increase profits, improve performance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment